Work with us
The IRIS group (Image Reconstruction, Instrumentation and Simulations
for medical applications, https://ific.uv.es/iris) of IFIC has a wide
experience in the development of medical imaging systems, mainly in the fields
of PET and Hadron Therapy. The main research lines combine
both detector development and image reconstruction. We are currently focused
on the development of a Compton telescope and a coaxial detector for hadron therapy treatment monitoring
and of a PET probe to improve spatial resolution of clinical systems.
The group benefits from the interaction with other groups at IFIC working on high energy physics, and also with several hospitals. It counts with a fully equipped laboratory and a microPET/CT for research purposes. The group has participated in several European and international projects and collaborations.
If you want to work with us or carry out a research work in our group (PhD, Master's thesis) in the field of medical physics in hardware and/or imaging reconstruction, do not hesitate to contact us. IFIC participates in the INPhNIT - La Caixa Marie Curie fellowships and the IRIS group offers predoctoral/postdoctoral positions in the different research lines. We support applications for Spanish and international fellowships.
- Student CSIC JAE INTRO or ICU. Details here
- Erasmus + research training. Details here
- Predoctoral fellowship programme INPhINIT "la Caixa". Details here
- Predoctoral Grisolía Generalitat Valenciana fellowships. Details here
- Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions. Details here
- Postdoctoral fellowship programme Junior Leader "la Caixa". Incl. funding to develop a project. Details here
- Excellence experienced postdoctoral fellowship programme GENT. Incl. funding to develop a project. Details here