Map of the Scientific Park of the Univerty of Valencia (Paterna Campus) and Rooms
To get the map with the distribution of rooms in PDF format click here
Main Conference Room (Plenary and Parallel Sessions A)
IATA Conference Room (Parallel Sessions B)
IFIC Seminar (Parallel Sessions C)
Lunches will be served at the Cafeteria
Information for Speakers
Speakers should upload their talks (in PDF and PPT format) in advance to the DISCRETE'08 Indico site:
1. Go to the Programme on the Indico site (click here)
2. Login (top-right corner) using with your Indico account (internal or external CERN account, the one you have used to submit your abstract and register)
3. Locate your Session and Talk, and click on the third red icon starting frm the left besides the time (submit material). The icon is
4. Upload your talk in PPT or PDF format, indicating the type (PPT or PDF). For example:
5. Logout (top-right corner)
Please accept our apologies for the absence of other projection facilitilies in the lecture rooms.
Wireless internet connection will be available in all conference rooms through the IFIC_0 and EDUROAM networks.
If you gave your MAC address when registering you will be able to use this network. If you still did not provide your MAC address, do it as soon as possible by sending an email to the Symposium secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org). Instructions on how to find the MAC address are available here.
Eduroam (EDUcation ROAMing) is the roaming infrastructure used by the international research and education community that provides the eduroam user experience: open your laptop and be online. Being part of eduroam allows users to access a wireless network at a visited institution (also connected to eduroam) simply using the same credentials (for instance, username and password) the users would use if they were at their home institution. Unfortunately Eduroam is not available for all institutions yet. We encourage DISCRETE'08 participants affiliated to institutions where Eduroam is available to use this network.
For instructions provided by the University of Valencia (UV), click here.
For instructions provided by the CSIC, click here.
Instructions on how to find the MAC address of your laptop are available here.